Thursday, January 29, 2009

Friday

Here it is Friday and I'm posting about stuff we did last weekend but oh well!! Better late than never right?

First - when I went to go download pics from this past weekend -I still had a few stragglers from our costume party and some candids of Blake in fancy goggles.


Did I mention that Lauren HAND MADE her costume?

Opening a 'Our First Christmas Together' ornament that Ben and Lauren Greek bought us. Cute! They also gave us a wine stopper that says 'Let it Flow! Let it Flow! Let it Flow!' {As in let it snow.}

And then here's Blake in one of his Christmas presents. He's always crying when he chops onions so I bought him onion chopping goggles.


Snazzy eh?

Now all he needs is one of these.
Alright so back to Friday.
My mom and I both got haircuts by Celeste and then all three of us went to go eat at a new restaurant on Main St in League City - Avo's? Not sure. But it was a cute Italian restaurant right next to Helen's Garden.
Then that night, we had Jason and Christy, Jeff and Jennifer, Christy's mom Beth, Christy's brother and gf Tommy and Liz, and Liz's brother Carlin... whew... all over for pizza and game night. We had fun eating, playing games and drinking all of Beth's wine! :)

This is the first game we played - Mad Gab. I HATED IT! Beth and Liz won and Tommy and Christy came in a close second. I think Jason and I got 2 points total. It was brutal.

According to Wikipedia: Mad Gab is a game created in which there are at least two teams and 2 to 12 players. Each team has two minutes to sound out three puzzles. The puzzles, also known as mondegreens, contain small words that, when put together, make a word or phrase. For example, "These If Hill Wore" when pronounced quickly sounds like "The Civil War." There are 2 difficulties: easy and hard. The faster the puzzles are answered, the more points the players score.

I was awful and I think the only person more awful than me was JEFF. At one point when it was his turn he was saying 'North America' in plain English and he STILL didn't know what the answer was. I guess we aren't audio learners.

I was just waiting until it was time to play THIS!

Best game ever! We played girls v boys and the girls won - naturally.

Thanks to everyone for coming - can't wait to do it again!

No comments: