Thursday, November 6, 2008

There might be a little Cecelia in me

I remember as a little girl telling my mom that when I got married some day I wanted china just like my Grandmother Cecelia -Desert Rose. My grandmother was a high style lady in her day... she has every piece of this china that you can think of.

Although my style has changed... I laughed today when I was walking down the aisle at Marshalls. In the domestics aisle on sale for $1.99 and so fake looking it was ridiculous was some pieces of 'Francisian Desert Rose.'

I picked up a little saucer to put next to our coffee pot as a spoon rest for the spoons we use to stir our coffee.
Hey don't laugh at me. When we were antiquing on our honeymoon we had to pick up this cake plate for Blake. His Meme had one just like this and Blake was drawn to this one in particular because it had a dent 'right were Meme's did.'
I bet Grandmother and Meme are cracking up at us. :)