Sunday, September 14, 2008

I hope Raider Red can swim!

My old neighbor in Lubbock, Jason Davis, sent me these pics yesterday of Lubbock.


"Last night we had 9 to 10 inches of rain in Lubbock. Most since 1911. My backyard flooded and water was in my garage. These photos of Jones Stadium are as of 9:00 AM this morning. There is over 1 million gallons of water on the field and both field pumps are broken. Right now there are 7 Lubbock fire trucks trying to pump the field for tomorrow night's game. I had over 9 inches of rain just at my house and I have heard Lubbock got more in other areas."



That was yesterday morning and then last night I got a text from my friend Brent who said that they had successfully pumped the water out and we beat SMU 43-7.

That's what I like to hear!

Jason was our neighbor with the cute Jack Russel terrier, Radar. When he got Radar he named him Radar because he was thinking 'How neat, I'll get a dog that'll go flying with me!" (Jason's also a pilot.) But the first time he took Radar up he got airsick. Poor thing.

But here's a cool pic Jason took of our neighborhood the day I graduated from Tech and we were all in the back yard playing washers. See Blake's truck with the UHaul attached? :)


No comments: