Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ahh what a good weekend

We had a GREAT weekend camping with Jason and Christy at Lake Livingston State Park. It was a LITTLE cold at night but we had great weather during the day and it was so nice to get away from tvs and cell phones and computers and just do whatever. It was also our Valentine's celebration because I'll be spending Valentine's Weekend with the wonderful patients of MD Anderson. :)



Christy took most of the pictures this weekend so I don't have much to show. When she sends me them I'll post them - along with some pretty embarrassing video of me. (Might be related to the 3 bottles of wine Christy and I drank Friday night but I'm not sure.)



After we got back on Sunday and put everything up Blake and I treated ourselves to some BOILED CRAWFISH from a place near our house Zydeclaws. Blake had already given them a try last weekend - without me - and had talked them up big time so I was afraid they wouldn't live up to the hype but OMG. They were amazing!! We split 8 lbs between us along with a link of boudain and their special sauce. It's just like the Roder recipe but no onions. Yum-o I'm ready for crawfish season.








1 comment:

Pat Yokubaitis said...

Just love reading and seeing all the pictures about what fun you all are having. Nice job!